We get it, Coral has been frustrating, but some changes are coming.
We get it.
As the editors of this website, we see and hear all the of complaints which have been going on with the Coral commenting system dating back to the start of the regular season. Let’s be honest, nothing has been smooth about this transition, and when we say nothing we mean nothing.
Nonetheless, the Coral team at SB Nation, and VOX Media, have been working hard to try and amend the product so fans don’t just have a platform to voice their opinions, but to create a platform which is user friendly and gives theme everything they want to talk about their favorite teams.
With that said, there is an update happening Friday, and some more smaller changes coming down the road. Check out the latest update and news on Coral below:
As we promised, we’re continually improving the commenting platform in response to your feedback.
Here’s what’s coming in the latest update this Friday:
- We’ve removed ‘Read more of this conversation’! Yeah, we know. It wasn’t great. From Friday, no longer will ongoing conversations be pushed to another page. Instead, when they hit a certain depth, the view stays flat, and you can see who is replying to whom. This was developed in conjunction with our Feedback Group. Like everything we do, it’s a work in progress. We’ll be watching to see how it’s used, and how we can make it better. Let us know what you think.
- You can now see who’s Rec’ing your comments. Inside the ‘My Profile’ tab (where your comment history and notifications are), all your comments with Recs will now have a small arrow – click that to see who’s appreciating what you’re putting down.
- There’s a keyboard shortcut to quickly post a comment. We know what it’s like when you’re typing fast on Game Day and you just want to say it without moving the mouse. Hitting CONTROL-ENTER now posts your comment quick-smart without having to click ‘submit’.
- Better navigation. When you hit the bottom of the comments, you can now jump to the Discussions or Profile tab via a couple of easy links right there.
Plus a bunch of small fixes and improvements.
Here’s what we’re prioritizing for early next year:
- Single Site Bans for site moderators. It’s taken a little longer than we’d hoped, but we’ve nearly got it done.
- Unread comments / Z Key. We hear you on this one, loud and clear. We’re working on it.
- A bunch of other improvements and features. Something else on your wish list? Let us know: email@example.com
And thank you to everyone who filled out our moderator survey. We’ve read everything you wrote, and it’s helping inform what we do next.
We learned a lot – for example, we learned that many of you don’t know that the My Profile tab exists (it’s right there at the top of the comments, and contains Email Notifications, Comment History, etc).
Finally, thanks to all of you who have been moderating and supporting the best damn NFL communities on the internet. Your work inspires us, every single day, and we’re laser focused on giving you the tools and experience you deserve. See you in 2021.
While these changes might not be exactly what the readers want, it is at least showing the Coral team is willing to make adjustments and listen to what you have to say. We truly do appreciate all of the Steelers fans who have stuck with us throughout this experience, that is putting it mildly, and continue to make BTSC their one-stop-shop for all things Pittsburgh Steelers!