BTSC’s random thought renegade is back with his bizarre look at the Steelers week that was.
With Draft Week here, BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong, was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- Ian Rappaport reported (or maybe rappaported) that Big Al Villanueva was visiting the Baltimore Ravens. Steelers Nation was incensed. Apparently, Alejandro should be okay with the fact that he’s unwanted by the Steelers and unemployed. I hope that the big LT signs to play in purple. No. 78 gave a lot to the Steelers fans over the years. He doesn’t have a job. If he has to play for a rival, that’s okay. But the best news is that Ian Rappaport claims this, therefore, it is unlikely to happen.
- The Third Annual BTSC Contributor Draft on The Steelers Hangover took place. With Najee Harris and Travis Etienne off the board, I went with Javonte Williams. I was overruled and Tony Defeo, Geoffrey Benedict, Michael Beck, Mark Davison and I finally agreed to collectively select OT Teven Jenkins from Oklahoma State.
- I stayed up all night worrying that the aforementioned Rappaport was going to block me from Twitter like he already has done to BTSC co-editor, the legendary Jeff Hartman.
- Mike Tomlin was extended by the Steelers for three years. I’m definitely on board with this decision by the Steelers brass. but it means three more years that I can’t paint with a broad brush. Obviously.
- Vince Williams contract terms were revealed. He is only counting $70K against the cap in 2021. For that kind of cash, the Steelers could go to Sam’s Club and get a 12-pack of VinnyVidiVicis.
- The Penguins almost blew a six-point lead on Tuesday, but ended up with the victory. Has Mike Sullivan been taking lessons from the Steelers?
- Famed songwriter Jim Steinman (Every Meatloaf song, “Total Eclipse of the Heart”, “Making Love out of Nothing At All”, ‘It’s All Coming Back To Me Now”) passed away at the age of 73. Steinman is an all-time favorite of mine. Ironically, Tony Defeo and I recorded The Retro Show on Tuesday and mentioned the brilliance of Steinman, not knowing of his passing.
- The NFL announced that it wouldn’t be sharing the 2021 schedule until May 12th. Because of Covid, they waited till later last year. But c’mon! This year they could have gotten back on schedule. In protest, I’m not sharing my mowing, bathroom and meal schedule with Roger Goodell till at least August.
- The NFL is allowing certain position players to switch to single digit numbers, but linemen are excluded. I kind of wanted to see Chuks Okorafor wearing No. 2.
- Antonio Brown is reportedly staying in Tampa Bay for another season. It has not been revealed whether or not AB will still be rooming with TB12 and Giselle.
- Hines Ward took a post with Florida Atlantic University as an offensive assistant. First the Jets and now the Owls. Hold out hope Steelers fans. Maybe someday.
- The NFL informed teams that they can only bring in five-or-less players from minicamp tryouts. That means less chances for the next Tuzar Skipper and Duck Hodges.
- A guy at Sheetz in my hometown won $440,000 in the lottery. It wasn’t me. I’m trying so hard right now not to channel my inner-Jeff Reed. Put let it be known paper towel dispensers, you are on notice.
- Franco Harris is slated to announce a Steelers draft choice. It is going to be on the second night, so don’t get all excited that Harris will be announcing Harris. But I do hope that Franco roasts the Cleveland fans since the draft will be held in the mistake by the lake. He owned the Browns on the playing field for years, why stop now?
- Justin Layne got pulled over for a number of infractions like driving 89 in a 60, marijuana and possession of a 9mm Glock and some other stuff like an outstanding warrant for traffic violations. Maybe Justin needs to slow down and stay in his own “layne”.
- The Ravens traded Orlando Brown for a slew of picks. How do the Ravens continue to fleece teams. It’s like the sale of Manhattan for $24 all over again. Rumors are now swirling even more that Big Al Villanueva is joining the rat birds.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my binge watching and black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.