One BTSC writer shares his initial and real time unadulterated reactions to the Steelers trading into the fifth round of the NFL draft.
Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Especially if you are a full blood Yinzer, or even just a part Yinzer. As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of running my mouth first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here during the last few rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft. Or so I thought…
- I have to say it one last time… Cleveland sucks.
- We have a long time to wait for the next pick.
- NO WE DON’T!
- The Steelers trade up with the Dolphins and are on the clock at 156 in Round 5.
- Wow. A defensive end. Isaiahh Loudermilk from Wisconsin. Edge rusher or defensive tackle?
- Since he’s 6’7” and 297 lbs I’m 99.99% sure that’s defensive line and not outside linebacker.
- Really? Did they need a defensive lineman bad enough to move up? It also looks like some expected him to go undrafted.
- I don’t mind picking up the extra pick this year, especially with two comp picks scheduled to come next year. But was this player at this position the place to go?
- The Steelers still have three picks left as they gave up next year’s fourth-round pick.
- Well, with the extra pick I’m going to roll with this now and come back for the last three selections. At least I get to comment about the host city again.
There you have it, my knee jerks. I’m going to think about this one and see how how I feel about it, and then on to rounds six and seven.