One BTSC writer shares his initial and real time unadulterated reactions to the second pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2021 NFL draft.
Knee-jerk Reactions are immediate responses to a situation without taking the time to analyze the situation. That’s something as sports fans that we typically do. Especially if you are a full blood Yinzer, or even just a part Yinzer. As is the custom, I compile my knee jerk thoughts and publish them immediately after each Steelers game. It’s my version of running my mouth first and apologizing later. So with that being said, I’m going to employ that philosophy here during the second round of the 2021 NFL Draft.
- Might as well say it… Cleveland still sucks.
- Franco Harris’ moves! (On a Chuck Noll Super Bowl Team)
- Darryl McDaniels of Run DMC sporting the Steelers jersey
- Who will be the first player to just miss being a first-round pick? Cornerback Tyson Campbell from Georgia.
- Give up a 4th and get a 6th to move up five spots? I’d move up to grab someone for that cost.
- There is one center that won’t be playing for the Steelers this year as Landon Dickerson was just drafted by the Eagles.
- My goodness there is trading of draft picks going on all over the place. I can hardly keep track of who’s picking where right now.
- Been a lot of offensive linemen coming off the board.
- I hate the Cowboys….why do they always show their war room and Drew Pearson almost enters Cliff Harris territory with that way to long intro to get to their pick.
- I know who I want the Steelers to get, just hoping they are still on the board after seven more picks.
- Kelvin Beachum still looks like he’s 15. Does that dude age at all?
- Still there, but Cleveland just traded up, will they try and steal my pick?
- Although I like the idea of the Macho Fan, he’s a Browns fan so he sucks.
- My guy is still there……only one more pick to dodge then do the Steelers take him?
- Steelers on the clock! Come on Kevin Colbert, draft my guy!
- Nooooooooo!!!!! Why not Creed Humphrey? We needed a bruising center there.
- Why a TE 2 in round two? Got to wonder what the brain trust is thinking there.
- Pat Freiermuth from Penn St is now the next member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- This one would look better if we had taken OL in first round.
- On to pick number three. See you all again shortly.
There you have it, my knee jerks. I’m going to sleep on these and see how how I feel about them in the morning, and then on to day three.
Check out more on this pick in the breaking news podcast below: