Photo by Daniel Knighton/Getty Images
Time for another Saturday meeting of the Steelers minds!
With the combination of the passing of Eddie Van Halen this week and Monday being Canadian Thanksgiving I have had some deep thinking moments this week.
To say that Van Halen was an influential rock band is like saying water is wet. To say that Eddie was arguably the greatest guitarist to walk the face of the earth is essentially the same. The band raised the bar for other bands, but Eddie set it for playing the guitar. Plain and simple it sucks when we lose a talent like that.
This however gives someone the opportunity to look back and either mourn what we don’t have or be thankful for, and celebrate, what we still do have.
So on this eve of thanksgiving eve, lets collectively give some thanks for a rock world that is so much better for having a guy like Eddie take it to higher levels.
- This week we learned how Javon Hargrave was ‘upset’ that he never got to touch Ben Roethlisberger in practice. When we take the field on Sunday, does the Gravedigger finally get his wish and sack Big Ben?
- If David Lee could goof it up with ‘Happy Trails’ could we see some teams ride off into the sunset without even playing the game? I ask this as we also learned this week that players would not get paid for a forfeit game. Do you think that this plays a roll in the final decision if the NFL is indeed going to consider forfeits?
- We all know who will rep the AFC in the Super Bowl, but at this point in the season, who do you have losing to the Steelers on that Sunday in…February?
- In the vein of Sammy singing ‘Not enough’ please share your favorite Thanksgiving side preferably with the recipe.
- And, the question you’ve all been waiting for… Best Van Halen song?
- Bonus question, regardless of your answer to 5, is Eruption a ‘song’?