Come and join this merry band of Steeler faithful for some lively debate about our Steelers, good food and the merits of the odd cold beverage.
There is a saying that ‘context is everything’. There is also a saying that ‘the more things change, the more they stay the same’. With the retirement of Pouncey, the former saying trumps the later. Right now, here today, we find this franchise at a crossroads. The biggest problem last year, only got bigger with time. The Steelers O-line will be significantly different next year and it is possible, even likely, that right now we still have not seen all the change that will occur just with the personnel that played last year.
I will point out that one thing that we won’t ‘see’ but it will be very real, is the loss of his leadership in the locker room. Take for example, what Pouncey’s retirement means to the development of Kevin Dotson, Chase Claypool, or even a ‘fringe’ player like Dwayne Haskins. The loss of Pouncey will not be limited to what he brought on the field.
What does this mean for our future?
- With the changes that have already been announced and those yet to come, what do you think happens to Ben? Will he play again? If so, for just next year? Tell us what your crystal ball says and make your case for why.
- How do you think we approach FA this year? We have a number of players likely to sign with other teams which should net us some significant comp picks in ‘22. Do you think we make real splashes this year and comp formula be damned or do we wait and sign players after the eligible period passes and or those that have been cut by their former team?
- When you think about Pouncey’s career, it is not filled with ‘highlights’ except when he took EXTREME umbrage with someone else’s actions towards a teammate. How does that sit with you that the guys that ‘everything starts with’, get left out of the limelight?
- So, since we have all agreed that Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie ever, let’s solve another first world crisis. Is the hamburger or the hot dog rightly considered a sandwich?
- In case you haven’t heard yet, Jay-Z, Carole King, Tina Turner, Mary J. Blige, Kate Bush, Devo, Foo Fighters, The Go-Go’s, Iron Maiden, Chaka Khan, Fela Kuti, LL Cool J, New York Dolls, Rage Against the Machine, Todd Rundgren and Dionne Warwick are all eligible to be voted into the Rock n Roll HOF. Who you betting your ‘10 internet units’ on?